|Use your mouse to click
any of the links on the right.
To come back here, click the "back" button on your browser's menu bar
is the Web?
Using Copy and Paste
Make your own Page!
The Web is comprised of millions of electronic documents that are stored on computers all over the world in collections that are often called "Web sites." These documents are written in HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) and can be read by using a Web browser (examples are Netscape's Navigator and Microsoft's Internet Explorer).
What is "Navigating" or "Browsing" the Web?
All Web pages contain one or more "hyperlinks." Hyperlinks enable you to jump from one page in a Web site to another page, or from one Web site to an entirely new Web site. When you click on a hyperlink, you are navigating or browsing.
There are three kinds
Here are the steps to do it (you can practice here): TALPUR
NOTE: You can also copy and paste using the copy and paste commands you can see when you click the "EDIT" button in most windows applications.
1) Don't Give Out Personal Information
2) Protect Yourself From Spam
3) Protect Your Money
4) Get Rich Quick! If it sounds too good to be true - it is! If you get spam (an unsolicited email) that says you can make thousands of dollars in a few days, it isn't true. Most likely it will cost you in the end. Stay away from these offers!
5) A Good Virus Scan Update your virus scan. New viruses come out daily. When you buy a virus scan, it may be on the shelves for months, so you need to update it from the company website. Read the manual that comes with the software and update frequently.
6) Protect Yourself from Dangerous Email Viruses Do not open email attachments that are programs (the file name will be *.exe). The most common way to get a virus if from an email attachment that are executable programs. Receiving these in email are harmless, opening them and running the program can infect your computer.
7) Be Careful What You Download If you download programs from the Internet be sure to scan them with an up to date virus scan. Also be sure they are from a reputable source. Downloading an update for Windows 98 is a good thing! Downloading from Joe Smo's website may get you in trouble! If you are tempted to try out Joe's program, be sure to update your virus scan, then scan the program.
8) Stalking If you think you are being stalked while online, log off! If you think you are being stalked off line report it to your local authorities. If someone has information about your address and are sending you threatening emails, then report it to the police. Chances are this will never happen to you, but if it does, do not hesitate to report it.